Healthy Smoothies Equals Healthy Eating
If you haven’t tried healthy smoothies yet then you better should! It’s a great way to incorporate more fruits and vegetable into your diet. It’s healthy, it’s delicious, and it’s easy to make. You can actually enjoy healthy smoothies for breakfast, snack, dessert or any time of the day! You can even have smoothies for lunch or dinner if you feel like it – and don’t fret thinking how one can ‘survive’ with smoothies alone when a person is so used to a carbo-filled, grease-laden, and usually preservatives-enrich lunch or dinner. Well, you’ll be surprised at how a glass of smoothie can actually fill you up – that is of course, fill you up with the good stuff! There are a lot of recipes for healthy smoothies that you can try or have the inspiration to come up with your own smoothie fruit or vegetable combinations.
Healthy Smoothies Tips
And before you get started on smoothie-making, here are a few tips that could guide you in keeping your healthy smoothies, healthy.
My lunch - sesame seed smoothie with British crumpet.
- It’s always a great idea to make your own, in as much that there are fast-food smoothies available, you’ll be much in control of what goes into your smoothies if you’re making it yourself.
- Make use of fruits or vegetable in season, visit your local farmer’s market and see what they have. That way you can ensure that you’re using on the freshest of ingredients.
- Be watchful of the ingredients especially when you are having your smoothie as meal, check that you have protein and fiber to help keep you full.
- Try to avoid ingredients that will give you calories in form of sugar and saturated fat. You want to make sure of course that your healthy smoothies are ‘healthy.’
- Examples of those ingredients are flavored yogurt (always go for the plain one), whipped cream, canned fruit in syrup, sugar-sweetened fruit juice, or full-fat dairy products.
- Take note of the proportion as well, aim for 300-400 calories if you’re having your smoothies for meal and keep it below 300 if it’s for snack or in-between meals.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment on ingredients that may sound unfamiliar or unusual for your liking because you’ll never know, it could easily become your favorite. For instance try adding flaxseed, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, or ginger.
Healthy Smoothies: Make it a Healthy Habit
You’ll be surprised at how a glass of smoothie could re-freshen, energize, and revitalize your body. Make it a healthy habit and make it a part of your diet. Making smoothies can be fun as well, and besides, it’s always good to know what goes into your food so really make your own smoothies! Again, it’s healthy, it’s delicious and it’s easy to make. So, who’s in the mood for some healthy smoothies?
Lisa Burnham is an artist-ecoactivist-entrepreneur mom to two wonderful kids and wife to a surfer! She teaches art for 25 years to children of all ages, has an art education and speaks Spanish, pretty well, too! This mom loves traveling, gardening and anything green! She lives in San Francisco, California just a block away from the ocean. And she has a pitbull named Irie.
Lisa is living the life - enjoying freedom and embracing a more meaningful life while creating a sustainable business that keeps her mobile and free! Click below and start your own journey towards the realization of your dream life!
Connect with me at about.me/lisabnetwork
That decision spawned an idea that’s kind of turned into this bizarre phenomenon called the 'Fight the Forces of Evil' tool-kit.
It wound up having a strange effect on the majority of the people I showed it to:
- It made them want it.
- And it made the people they showed it to want it too.
People from all walks of life have found themselves unable to resist the power of the 2 'Mesmer Effect' questions that are part of this simple system. These are the 2 questions you have to ask if you want someone to buy from you without ever feeling like they’re being sold to. It’s the secret to the art “selling without selling”. They found themselves wanting to be part of a company that has a purpose, where they can also potentially earn more than anywhere else.
And they began passing it on, and the people they passed it on to also pass it on. All that passing on gets products into the hands of business owners and regular people who really need them. And the coolest part is, along the way, all that passing it on has help many people earn more than they have anywhere else.
Click below to know more!
Watch my video challenges HERE!